Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum photo

Interesting photo. This bloke is really tooled up......tankers pistol holster, etc? Operations behind enemy lines with special fart filter to avoid detection by smell........hose directed up leg of shorts explains the rather pained smile? OK.....what is the real story, please?!

Re: Forum photo

All I know is that he is Australian and his name is Winston shaw Nash. Here a link where you can find some more info on this guy.

http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/war-memorial/online-cenotaph/record/C139225

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

AUSTRALIAN!!!!!! The poor bloke is spinning in his New Zealand grave! He was a Kiwi (like me, funnily enough). I see he was repatriated with amoebic dysentry, which may explain the vent tube up his Bombay Bloomers and the pannier-mounted reservoir! Seriously, it would be great to find out what the real story was.

Ai, that's my mistake. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Henk.

Sorry, I still only see Armory Road...

You are absolutely right Hans :+1:

Hey Henk,

Any chance you could email me a copy of this photo?

Thanks.

email (option): benjamincameron75@gmail.com

Hans & Henk

I'm not sure whether your posts refer to the previous photo of a BSA at the entrance to Armoury Road, but I thought that was quite an evocative shot. It'd be nice to see a permanent use found for it somewhere.

Hans I often find that the previous picture hangs on after Henk has put a fresh one. It sometimes clears if you click that C shape symbol to refresh the page. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It may be because each image is named the same - forum.jpg - some browsers will use a cached (locally stored) copy of the image rather than getting a new one from the server to save time as they don't realise it's actually changed. A forced browser refresh will fix this which is either Ctrl-refresh or Shift-refresh depending on your browser.

End of nerdy bit

Cheers,
Bernie

email (option): bernie.a.jones@gmail.com

Seeing there are dug ins surrounded by sandbags , a few sheets of corri and sand under foot, I would hazard a guess that it is one of the top end temporary airstrips.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

trevor
Seeing there are dug ins surrounded by sandbags , a few sheets of corri and sand under foot, I would hazard a guess that it is one of the top end temporary airstrips.
Errr.....he is a Kiwi! See previous posts. Top end of NZ is a bit greener than this!

Most likely North Africa. Very few WM20's in NZ during WW2 mostly Indians from US
Cheers
John WM20 40775:wink:

email (option): jsaft1951@xtra.co.nz

Nieuwe pagina 1