Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
m20 tank number

Hi guys just stumbled on here after chatting to an enthusiast who directed me here. I am trying to gather more info
about my late fathers m20 only have one pic which shows tank number 93YD64 would be gratefull for any info.

email (option): dlawson95@gmail.com

Re: m20 tank number

With that post-war number I can find the frame number and the war time tank number, would that be helpful?

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi Dave,

Your fathers BSA had frame number WM20 95563 and war time tank number C5128963 and it left the factory in 1943. After the war it received post-war registration number 93YD64 and it has been used at BAOR in Germany. It was sold by the military 21-12-1957.

Here a photo of a BSA with a tank and frame number pretty close to your fathers BSA and this is what it more or less also looked like back then.

Henk

C5128947_WM20_95547

Wow that's amazing work thank you so much for your help its amazing to be able to reach back through time & find the history
of this machine, My Dad spoke of The BSA & also a Matchless Whilst serving with the BAOR so the the history you have is spot on

I fear this has started me on a slippery slope to who knows where ;-)

Hope the pic works my dad spoke of riding between Holland/Belgium after the war thanks once again for your help.

email (option): dlawson95@gmail.com

Hi Dave,

Happy to help, thanks for the photo.

Henk

Hi Dave,
We know, several thousand pounds poorer, with a large tool box, one draw of which will be a myriad of special tools & pullers etc and contemplating “should I go for drab green or earth brown or khaki or RAF blue???”.
Whilst frantically hiding invoices from the missus!
Scott

email (option): LarkesrATgmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1