Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M21 rider's footrest assembly

I'm missing several parts from this assembly - mainly the spacers - but puzzled as to how it's supposed to work when I look at the parts book.

It seems that only the RHS has a spacer that is keyed to both the engine plate with a peg inboard and splined onto the footrest outboard. That prevents the gear change footrest from rotating which is good. However, the brake side doesn't have a similar arrangement - which seems strange to me as this pedal is more likely to rotate under load from the braking hoof.

Also, there is no spacer between the chaincase inner and the LHS engine plate which suggests to me that there is nothing to support the load on this from the bobbin-shaped spacer that sits inside the chaincase and therefore likely to distort inwards when all tightened up.

Wouldn't it be more logical to have a pegged and splined spacer tube on the brake side too as this would lock against rotation and tighten directly against the engine plate?

Does anyone have a couple of these spacers available please as I currently have none.

Cheers,
Bernie

email (option): bernie.a.jones@gmail.com

Re: M21 rider's footrest assembly

The left and right foot peg mounts are identical and both locate in engine plates via a pin, both foot pegs are splined. There are 2 spacers both same length. One goes between inner primary cover and engine plates and the other in between inner and outer covers. there is also a thick cork washer on either side of inner spacer to prevent primary case oil leaking out. Once assembled the central stud can then be tightened up to keep foot pegs in place with out crushing the tin covers, also keeping tension on cork washers to stop oil leaking out. The M20 has the same setup. If your missing the spacers, they have a flat flange section both ends to butt up against there faces and would be tricky to make.

email (option): tknalder@iinet.net.au

A picture to support Kim's reply. Ron

Scan_20180905

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Many thanks - just as I thought it should be! Now I just need to find those spacers - hopefully for less than Drags are asking!

Cheers,
Bernie

They are just £8 each including the VAT. Maybe Les has them cheaper? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron, it's the splined and pegged ones that I'm missing ( 65-4811 ) and those are £35+ each on most places I've looked recently.

Cheers,
Bernie

Hi Bernie,

Russell's have them listed at £16 each, but it's an old list. Give Les a call, they still might have some in.

Dave

Ah! The penny's dropped! I was wondering who Les was but now realise I was talking him to him recently about some engine tie studs he found for me! I'll give him another call.

Cheers,
Bernie

Nieuwe pagina 1