Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
600 S triumph engine 500 bottom end

I have been offered a 600s Triumph motorcycle engine (prewar) also the bottom end of a 500 single sidevalve.
Did WD bikes have a 600s engine?
What is the chance of getting the rest of the 500 engine.
I have a 500 frame with a 350 sw engine fitted could I fit the 600 engine is the 350/500 bottom ends the same with the bore and stroke different. Or are they seperate units.
Thank you Robert.

email (option): robertdixon731@hotmail.com

Re: 600 S triumph engine 500 bottom end

Robert, to my knowledge, no Triumph 600 SV's where used by the forces. They were more of a sidecar tug and certainly used by the AA. You can't fit a 6S engine in a 3/5S frame as the 6S used the heavyweight frame and forks. Pretty well the same frame as used for the Speedtwin, Tigers 90 & 100.

I've know guys searching for a long time for a 5S barrel and or head. However I do know a Dutch guy who I think visits the UK often who has a complete? 5SW engine for sale.

I'm adding a 5SW to my collection, being delivered tomorrow. Ron:ok_hand:

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I thought the 6S motor was too tall for the 350/500 frame...I could well be wrong though...:smirk: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I'm quite sure it's too big in every direction for the lightweight frame. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you for the replies. I did not buy the 600s engine but it remains for sale should it be of use to anyone. I did buy the 500 bottom end.
I also have come across two Lucas headlights they are new old stock. One has a convex glass the other is flat glass both have the switch and amp meter.
I also have a large metal war time shield for the headlight cover (sorry dont know the proper name). These items are for sale if interested drop me an email.
I can send pictures.

email (option): robertdixon731@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1