Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear Stand

My Uncle has a 1941 M20 but needs a rear stand for it. I’ve looked at various sites online and can find only Indian made ones but, with the greatest of respect to those making the, I don’t trust the quality.

Does anyone know where I can get a good quality one?

If I can't get one, my Uncle says he'd like to make is own. He’s an engineer and Master welder so has the necessary skills but if possible he’d like to get hold of technical/ dimentional drawings of the rear stand so he has the best chance of accurately replicating an original? I'd be grateful if someone can let me know where I can obtain these?

I know this is a lot to ask but I’d really appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you.

Re: Rear Stand

Where are you? It may be possible to locate a WM20 nearby and he could measure it himself. Looks like he has all the skills required.

You could also google Stuart Bray as he sells old parts.

email (option): Simon@leanmachine.co.uk

Joseph in Czech makes them, his quality is impeccable.
His daughters Anna email is
anna.cingrosova@seznam.cz

You need to deal with Anna as Joseph’s English is limited.

I have many parts from Joseph for other BSA’S and all have fit perfectly

Stuart Bray has an UK repro for sale;

http://www.stuart-bray-motorcycles.co.uk/parts/bsa-wm20-spares/rear-stand-u-k-repro-not-genuine-bare/

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply. I'm very grateful for the very helpful information provided.

I've contacted Anna, Josephs daughter, and she's kindly supplied photos of the rear stand her Father makes (which looks great quality) and pricing/delivery info both of which are very reasonable indeed. My Uncle's delighted with what he's seen and will be ordering one shortly.

I would however still like to see if I can get dimensional drawings for for the rear stand for my Uncle if at all possible. Being an engineer he's interested in such things and likes to collect any he can get for all the old stuff he has.

I'd be grateful if you can help me obtain said drawings.

Again, many thanks.

Grum

Darren C
Joseph in Czech makes them, his quality is impeccable.
His daughters Anna email is
anna.cingrosova@seznam.cz

You need to deal with Anna as Joseph’s English is limited.

I have many parts from Joseph for other BSA’S and all have fit perfectly
I Second Darren C's message. I just bought one from Joseph (through Anna). Took 3 months to get to Australia, but is a brilliant reproduction. Looks immaculate. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

email (option): marty.whyte@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1