Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Swedish version of WD-bike for sale (not by me, then it would be in the for sale section)

Aloha,

A barn found Swedish army bike Monark Albin 500 is for sale. I am not thinking any of you want to buy it, just that some may find it interesting to look at.

https://www.blocket.se/vi/80416517.htm

The ad tells that i'ts been sitting in a barn since the 50s. It is now up and running and has gotten a new registration. If this is not kept up in Sweden it "falls out of of the archives" and has to be re-registered and among other things given a modern number plate, you can see the old plate on the front fender in the picture.
The bike is said to run, but kinda poorly.

These were the bikes used by the Swedish army during the war (not in battle for obvious reasons), 3000 of them were made, initially they were side valves, but that soon changed to OHV, as you can tell from the picture that this one is.

Enjoy!

/simon

Re: Swedish version of WD-bike for sale (not by me, then it would be in the for sale section)

Rare and beautiful bike and the price isn't too expensive ...
It would be a pity that it left his country.

email (option): matrot.sandra@neuf.fr

Re: Swedish version of WD-bike for sale (not by me, then it would be in the for sale section)

Details blocked by one of those horrible cookie permit pop ups.

one of the few Monark photos I have and the only one of them in service....

xxxx_Monark_Albin

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Very nice Mr Ewok!

Militärsektionen of course means military section/sector, Röda korset is Red Cross and MCHK is short for Club for historic motorcycles (written in a different order; Motorcycle historical Club).

/Simon

email (option): SimonofSweden

Ad no longer found. Must have sold. How much was it going for??

Seller was asking 38 000 which is roughly € 3 800. Since it went that quickly I suppose it is safe to assume that’s what he got for it.
I think that’s about reasonable, can’t really see anyone paying a whole lot more than that for a bike like this here. But I’m guessing now.

/simon

Simonofsweden are you going to normandy next year is it your brother you were with last time you were camping next to us.

No, and no.
Have no brother and have never been to Normandie.

/Simon

Sorry got the wrong person.

Nieuwe pagina 1