Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Decompressor cable Part 2, removing and fitting from the engine end

First thank you v much for invaluable advice already received about where to get a cable from. I have followed this up.

The cable broke at the handlebar so now i need to get the other end off the engine and send it all off to be a pattern for a new one.

I'm not great at all this with apologies, so do people have any hints for taking the cable off at the valve lifter end and putting the new one back and should i try and find a way of holding the lever that goes into the engine so it makes it easier to reassemble the cable with its spring.

all advice and guidance much valued and appreciated. In hope with thanks. peter

email (option): peter.beresford3@btopenworld.com

Re: Decompressor cable Part 2, removing and fitting from the engine end

Well from memory, it's just a simple case of undo the screw and nut from the lever and then unscrew the adjuster out of the engine stud.

Note that the flat on the end of the engine stud that the adjuster screws into is tipped in one direction. This is to angle the cable towards the lever and keep the hex of the adjuster clear of the crankcase. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Decompressor cable Part 2, removing and fitting from the engine end

Dear Ron, many thanks I've done it now and it seems to work ok. mind you i've had my bike a long time so i do wonder what the next thing will be!!! all best for now with thanks. peter

email (option): peter.beresford3@btopenworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1