Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear wheel installation

Had to do a frame repair on the rear stand pivot lug and, once repaired, I installed the rear stand (the rear wheel was still off at this time to mount a new tire). Now I am trying to install the rear wheel, but it appears that the rear stand is in the way. Is there a trick to installing the wheel with the stand still in place or does it need to come back off?

Re: Rear wheel installation

Hello Keenan,

The wheel of a wm20 should be able to slip in with the rear stand in place, but you'll need to take the rear section of the mudguard off to do it. That's why they had it as a removable item. Otherwise I suppose you could jack up the rear end to a great height, and perhaps that would work?

Best wishes,

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Thank you Allan! I'm still relatively new to M20s and didn't realize about the removable section of the rear mudguard.

Regards,
Keenan

Hi Keenan,

Make sure that the stand is only around 10 degrees from vertical, if much more it will put again an unfair strain on the pivot and lugs.

BR. Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Also make sure that the snail cam is the right way round otherwise your stand won't return to rest properly and you'll have to take it all apart again.......Lots of us have done that:rage:

The snail should be such, that as you turn it anti clockwise it will move the wheel backwards (tighten the chain)
Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1