Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magdyno advance / retard setting WM20

I feel this is a silly question but I want to be sure.

Am I correct in saying that the advance / retard lever operates like this - cable pulled fully = retarded, cable slack fully = advanced?

The A/R cable enters the magdyno on the battery side, or towards the back of the bike.

And that I need to pull the lever fully to retard the ignition for starting, then push it forward again once running to avoid burning the exhaust valve?

Thanks

email (option): Simon@leanmachine.co.uk

Re: Magdyno advance / retard setting WM20

Hi Gurmot,

With cable entry at the rear of the magdyno you have a tight cable advance so it's operation is the opposite to your description, pull the cable tight to advance.

Read the article on ignition timing in the 'technical section' of this site...There is a full explanation there of the set up and the principles involved...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thank you for the information. I’ve been struggling with instructions given by the previous owner so either he got it wrong or I wrote it down wrong!

Ron Pier has patiently explained the same thing to me and I had it running today. I am also learning that I should not expect it to idle from cold and to try it without the choke.

Slowly getting the hang of it although it’s not ideal that I can’t take it out on the road until I pass my bike test!

Have you got a picture of the bike ?
Always nice to see

I’m struggling to upload pictures but I hope this link works.

http://managementor.co.uk/photos/9222B631-152C-415B-B034-3D0DF737843B.jpeg

Nieuwe pagina 1