Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Devon D Day Event June 2nd 3rd 2018

I didn't manage to get to Normandy this year so I attended the Devon D Day event instead, this was held on Saunton Sands Beach and in Braunton Burrows, a large area of sand dunes used for training during the war, this year was the 75th anniversary of the American using it as their D Day rehearsal base, the Assault Training Centre.

Camping on the beach had its ups and downs, sand getting in everywhere was bad, paddling in the sea right outside the door was great. And riding the bike on the beach and sand roads was tricky but great fun.

DSCN5894

DSCN5904

DSCN5909

DSCN5895

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Re: Devon D Day Event June 2nd 3rd 2018

Just as the most important convoy was beginning on Saturday I snapped my throttle cable, whilst I was fitting my spare Mark Towers came back pushing his M20 which had spat the rear chain out of the back.

On the Sunday I managed to be hanging about in the right place for an invitation for a cruise in Mitch Hickman's DUKW, from the deck of which we watched 11 WW2 Auster spotter planes land on the beach.

There were quite a few military motorcycles attending, and it was a really enjoyable weekend.

Rob

DSCN5915

DSCN5919

DSCN5921

DSCN5929

DSCN5943

DSCN5965

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1