Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pegasus

Does anyone know if there is a correct colour code for the background of the airborne's Pegasus patch. Or is it just basic Maroon? Ron
3d16d86bae1cae64b948408984fded72_operation_market_garden_military_history

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Pegasus

Poor old Bellerophon, he never gets a mention.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Bellerophon Bridge would sound weird Rob. Ron

I do not know the paint codes but my understanding is that the Pegasus always pointed to the right and not the left as on your photo. Photos I have on Jeeps and motorcycles seem to confirm this. JT

Yes John. I'm putting him on the right side of my Flea where he will be facing forward....to the right as you say. But I'm sure that uniform shoulder patches are handed to show him facing forward on each side. Ron

I agree with John regarding the direction, they also used transfers, these examples only have the emblem, so would either have been applied to a painted square or perhaps without?, I also have a vague memory of seeing some transfers with the maroon backing included. These measure 10" x 9" and 5" x 4.5" so are probably too big for a Flea.

Rob

peg1

peg2

I've ordered some 4" Flea size stencils. But here are the uniform shoulder patches. Ron

6b5c695963cd4671f9d46d0586efd412

I painted a Rhino on the tank of my old G3L that faced backwards, simply because I found it easier to paint.

I was vigorously told off once by an old soldier for it implied the rhino was retreating not going forward.

Maybe that's a reason for it facing the front of the vehicle?

just a suggestion.

I dunno.

no citrus fruit involved.

Never say never! Someone sent me this picture of a crashed Jeep at Oosterbeek in 1944 which has Pegasus facing left. Ron

Here some photos of Oosterbeek in general but also a few photos from during the war.

http://www.heemkunderenkum.nl/dorpen/oosterbeek-weverstraat-zuidwaarts-vanaf-hogerheide/

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Ron Pier
Never say never! Someone sent me this picture of a crashed Jeep at Oosterbeek in 1944 which has Pegasus facing left. Ron

I stand corrected.

Rob

Uh Oh! Left facing Pegasus on a Hotspur glider. Although I guess it would look silly if he was flying backwards :smiley: :smiley: Ron
Hotspur_glider

Nieuwe pagina 1