Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DR boot repair

Hi All...can anyone recommend a good boot repairer who can resole a pair of WW2 DR boots with hob nails and "horseshoe"metalheals? Ideally in the Midlands UK .area
Thanks in advance.

email (option): marian.andrew@btopenworld.com

Re: DR boot repair

A genuine shoe repairer should be able to do it, though you may need to do the hobnailing bit yourself if he does not have what you want. I had new soles put on mine but left off the nails as I find them a bit lethal on certain surfaces....very slippy. Apart from lack of the crunching noise when you walk, no one will know!

FerG3
A genuine shoe repairer should be able to do it, though you may need to do the hobnailing bit yourself if he does not have what you want. I had new soles put on mine but left off the nails as I find them a bit lethal on certain surfaces....very slippy. Apart from lack of the crunching noise when you walk, no one will know!
Thats the problem there do not to seem to be any genuine shoe repairers near me...was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a "proper" bootsmith?

email (option): marian.andrew@btopenworld.com

There is one in lincoln who does mine but like the post before forget the nails unless you want to go ice skating

http://williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/268d-hill-boots.html

Hobnails, heel and toe tips, the lot.

last proper bootsmith left in england, made and still do make WW1 army boots.

Made me a pair of walking boots that are a cross between a shepherds hill boot and a tug of war boot, cone shape hobs, all the metalware.
But I don't think DR boots came with hobs, and if you try to walk on any smooth surface in hob nails likely you'll end up on your arse.

Nieuwe pagina 1