Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best reproduction rear stands?

Hi all,

As I am now at the point of setting up my Frame and aligning it, I want a rear stand so I can also repair the mounting lugs/bolt holes then build up the frame and rest it on the stand and forks/front wheel.

As it is easier to get a dinner date with the Queen than find an original rear stand, has anyone bought, used and recommend a particular reproduction stand? There seems to be one on ebay.co.uk, that is made in Austria. Anyone had experience with those? Or, any other recommendations?

Cheers.

Marty

email (option): marty.whyte@gmail.com

Re: Best reproduction rear stands?

Marty Whyte
Hi all,

As I am now at the point of setting up my Frame and aligning it, I want a rear stand so I can also repair the mounting lugs/bolt holes then build up the frame and rest it on the stand and forks/front wheel.

As it is easier to get a dinner date with the Queen than find an original rear stand, has anyone bought, used and recommend a particular reproduction stand? There seems to be one on ebay.co.uk, that is made in Austria. Anyone had experience with those? Or, any other recommendations?

Cheers.

Marty
Marty
If the maker of the one on British only is who I think it is, ie Joseph in Czech, then buy it directly from him at 1/3 of the price.
I have other items he has made and they are brilliant.
I’ll text you his daughters email, as Joseph has broken English, much like a Queensland politician

email (option): Darrenacartwright@yahoo.com.au

I'm also interested.
Is there also a web site?
Thanks.

email (option): michasteinmann@gmail.com

Michael,

I am in contact with British only. Will report back once I get the details.

I have also learned that Stuart Bray has an original he is getting copied as I type this.

Cheers.

Yes, he is very good indeed.
I found Joseph on ebay UK, look for BSA J12 toolbox.
(mind you, NOT the one from Austria)

['I have also learned that Stuart Bray has an original he is getting copied as I type this...']

I wish him the best of luck...I had to knock mine down to more or less what they cost me to sell them... Not something I'd want to get made again...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Funny you say that Ian... I'm suprised you had trouble selling the stands...

Aparently, since I decided to buy a frame and an engine, everything WM20 has become 'almost impossible to find' and extremely expensive. The limited parts available in Australia, are either reproduction, or HIGHLY expensive worn out or irrepairably rusted junk. So much so, MOST of my parts will be coming from the UK.

My WM20 will be the worlds most expensive WM20 - I could probably buy a New BMW R1200GS or Ducati Panigale for the same price! I may well need to start selling kidney's for parts...

All of Joseph parts are top quality and very reasonably priced, a lot cheaper than we can make it in the UK. He dose not speak any English or have a website, you just email him and ask him what he has. I know he has made early sump guards and rear stands in the past for the WM20's

Nieuwe pagina 1