Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
number painting

hi does anyone know anybody that can paint the contract numbers on my bsa wm20 tank or any ideas how to do it thank you

email (option): davebeeza52@gmail.com

Re: number painting

http://www.axholmesigns.co.uk/

this is who I use for low tack ready made stencils. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

First step is really to look at bikes from the same contract and see what style of lettering they use. The Axholme stencils can be used to give a (fairly) convincing facsimile of a sign-written bike if the paint is carefully brushed using the stencil as a guide.

thanks ron il give them a try

cheers rik

Hi Dave,

I've had some help from friends in the past and recently I tried myself for the 2nd time and I'm happy with the result.
You have to look first what font you like the best. Than you have to copy it and make the combination of numbers (and letters) you want. Print it out and chalk the backside of your print (the sector where your numbers are). Than hold the paper on your tank (or front fender) and use a pencile to overwrite the lines of your print. It will look like this:

Than you can either tape the edges (if you want to spray), or just paint the inside of the lines. I painted it:

Wait for 24 hours and than remove the chalk. The endresult looks like this:

Untitled

Don't be afraid to try. I have the shakiest hands in the world so anyone can do this.

Good luck!

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

That's a really nice facsimile of what the Canadians were doing mid-war, Sven.

thanks sven lovely job on the 16h

Nieuwe pagina 1