Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 Tank Mount Rubbers

I'm about to fit some NOS rear petrol tank mount bolts, they are a shoulder bolt and are about 1/2" longer than the plain 5/16 bolts that I've been using. Can anyone tell me what the thickness of the upper and lower rear rubbers are?

Re: M20 Tank Mount Rubbers

Anyone?

Hi Mat the thick ones I have are 12.6 mm (1/2 inch) thick and 35.6 mm Dia. The thin ones are 4.5 mm (3/16 inch) thick and 43 mm dia. The flat steel washers are 2.4 mm thick (inc paint)and 38.45 mm Dia. The steel washers are original but the rubbers are replacements.
Hope this helps.
By the way does anyone have any pix or diagram of how the front tank mount rubber washers go and what shape they are. I have the cups and cones for each side but the rubber was a gooey mess and they were not fitted correctly as the bolts were screwed into the head stem tube.
Cheers All
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Thanks Doug,

As for the front mounts I don't have a pic at the moment, here's Draganfly's diagram.
https://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/bsa/bsa/a710--b3133--c101112--m202133/category/958-petrol-tank-mountings

the flange side of the flanged sleeve fits up against the outside of the tank then the rubber bush (I use an o-ring) then the cup over the rubber bush then the bolt.

FWIW I use old sway bar rubbers from one of the old Mitsubishi L300 vans.
They are around 1/2" thick.
You want the floor of the tank to be either level to the ground or slightly downhill as you have no suspension.
Thus just stack washers between the tank & the mounting tab till the tank is level, add 2 more for compression and that is how thick the top rubber needs to be .
The bottom rubber will need to be as long as the amount the bolt protrudes when done up through your stack of washers + a little for compression.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Cheers Trevor.

Nieuwe pagina 1