Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Enfield tool roll

A couple of years ago I started collecting tools for my Royal Enfield projects. With some recent finds I have now almost completed a tool set for my Royal Enfield WD/C. I have also found an original tool roll, but that one was in a very bad condition, and only suitable for use as a pattern. So I ordered some camel tissue, burgundy hessian, black leather and buckles, and made a faithful replica. Colours and dimensions have been respected:

The wartime picture below shows a WD/C tool inspection. When I compare with the “official tool lists”, I can see that some of the tools are missing, or have been replaced by alternatives. I have made the “then and now” as good as I could…

But in this picture you can see all the “official” WD/C tools:

As I had to buy a minimum quantity of one square meter of tissue, I made some extra tool rolls. The same tool roll was used on the WD/CO. Also made some replica leather pouches for the Dunlop tyre pressure gauge, as used on several WD motorcycles. And I also have some surplus tools that I would like to sell. Please contact me off forum if interested.

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Re: Royal Enfield tool roll

Very nice Jan, I love these old bike tools.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Blimey! That is some dedication Jan. So far I've never collected original tools, apart from the few that have naturally come my way. It seems like a whole new hobby to me, that I just can't justify the time for. But I'm sure I could be tempted at a complete tool roll as an exhibit if one came along that wasn't going to price Janet out of her long awaited bedroom renovation. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nice work Jan, what's the large triangular thing, is it a genuine Royal Enfield Kazoo?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for the compliments chaps! Much appreciated! :grinning:

That's a replica Royal Enfield funnel Rob. In the illustration below it appears to have a rolled edge, but in the illustration above it doesn't...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1