Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STOLEN Fleas

As far as I’m aware they were stolen from a travel lodge car park near Birmingham. A van was stolen along with the Brown flying flea and 2 other new Royal Enfields bikes. One of the Fleas is a post war "done up " to look like a WD .

[/URL]

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Re: STOLEN Fleas

Hi Dave

I hope you don't mind me saying but your story is a little vague, "Fleas" plural, or just the "Brown one", is that the fake one, the real one or one of the new ones?

Birmingham, is this something to do with Stoneleigh?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi Rob

Sorry I copied what the lad had put up on FB .I've messaged the lad that posted this ,it's the Brown Flea (not the pair) "genuine" and repo cradle that has gone along with 2 new Enfields .I don't know if its connected to Stoneleigh.The lad said it's more than likely it was the new Merc van they were after and probably didn't have a clue the bikes were in the back ,no doubt they will be totally puzzled with the crated Flea.

Dave

Hi all, I thought I'd update this post. The bike and cradle have been found! Spotted in some woods by a chap who works nearby. He saw our Facebook post and got in touch. Bike and cradle have now been reunited with the owners without a scratch! Many thanks for sharing here Dave. It was probably me you spoke to initially. The green bike in the picture (Original 44 date) is mine and is definitely stashed safely away now!

All the best,
Matt

Good to hear Matt. But why did someone nick it and then leave it in the woods? Could it have been a misplaced prank? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

As I said to Dave before, I can only think it was that they were after the van and didn't know what to do with the bikes so dumped them. It may have been that they googled it and found our post and realised that the Flea was 'too hot to handle' so got rid.

Matt

Sorry for the initial confusion and glad to hear you got them back, and without any damage :+1:

Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1