Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rich mans 16H...

What looks like quite reasonable 16H on ebay but it seems a tad optimistic at £9750 I'd have thought...:confounded: ...

Ebay 182970455494 Sorry, but I've no idea how to do a direct 'link'....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Rich mans 16H...

Ian I have also not worked out how to do a direct 'click' link on this forum. But you can highlight the https line at the top of your screen and then copy and paste it. Ron

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1940-NORTON-WD-16H-SUPER-CONDITION-AND-RUNNER-MILITARY-WW2-P-X/182970455494?hash=item2a99e395c6:g:qgMAAOSw1dNaN817

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well that's one way to get matching engine and frame numbers 😀

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

The No 8 punch took a hammering that day! Why would you do that when it has a perfectly good original number in the first place? At least it's not ground off:confused: Ron

The speedo drive looks odd, is that normal on the 16H?

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

The owner is also selling a non-standard T110 which has reached £7,100 with 4 days to go.

I have just upped the values as my insurance was due for renewal, I had my A10, T110 and M20 on the policy at £2,000 each.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Patrick Meagher
The speedo drive looks odd, is that normal on the 16H?
Same as mine. Ron
16H_168
upload url image

That 16H is quite competently put together. There are a few little niggles and it's a generic late-war updated spec but it's certainly one of the better examples that have come up for sale lately.

That engine number though ! It's difficult to believe that a private owner or indeed a dealer selling ex-WD stock in the 1950s would not have gone to more effort to disguise the original number. I keep coming across examples of overstamped numbers though, sometimes with apparent paperwork to back them up since first sale...I am coming to the conclusion that it became standard practice during the 1950s - in wartime they seem to have mixed and matched. Maybe they had become used to stamping up NOS cases and simply carried on the practice of making the cases match when a reconditioned unit was used ?

To my mind the number knocks a grand off the value at least. I hope the frame number is not to the same standard !

IMG-5269

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

...but where are the square brackets ? None on my keyboard.

On mine to the right of the "P" in low case.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Ditto...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

They couldn't find the frame number on mine so they used the engine number and 79x100 all as the frame number. I wouldn't like to have to explain that to the DVLA.

email (option): j@clogmaker.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1