WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
x

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159325559@N03/24824955318/in/dateposted-public/

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Re: x

I'm not sure that I've seen steel shoes with those welds? And I wouldn't bother with the zinc alloy shoes that have had a riveted repair like that:white_frowning_face: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I've found alloy shoes repaired in the same way in the past...I didn't consider whether I might use them as I had replacements to hand, so they got binned....

The steel shoes are interesting...Pre war BSAs (and many others)used steel shoes extensively and there's nothing at all wrong with the idea as long as they are well made and dimensionally correct...Where did these come from?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

M.C.A used to make the steel ones.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Hello,
This is the first time I use Flickr and the post was a "try out", that is why there was no subject and picture only the link. I forgot to delete.
The brake shoes are from Feked and on their way back because they do not fit. There is no room for the brake cam . I am surprised that nobody saw that. The other picture shows the complete set, again no fitment.
The seller sold 30 sets the last 4 months. They do not understand despite I sent these pictures.

John

Feked...They certainly are....My pal bought some cables from them and they were nowhere near correct for application...

Cheap crap sold by a dealer that doesn't really care about it....or so it seems...Ian

Feked are worth avoiding, a couple years back I went there for an exhaust pipe, its a long time since I encountered such a can't be arsed to take to your money attitude.

I thought they made their exhausts to pattern, seems not, unless its triumph or BSA twins.

Generic stock from usual suspects.

Re:feked

I used Paypal and they have a resolution centre in case of problems with a refund.
Anyway who makes these brake shoes ?

John

Re: Re:feked

John I certainly noticed that the steel shoes didn't fit but didn't mention it as I thought it was obvious and the reason for your post!

Feked are only 10 miles from me and I visit occasionally. They are always friendly with tea, coffee, biscuits and doughnuts on offer to anyone who calls. I think, like Armours, they make the silencers in house and get the pipes made elsewhere. Whenever I visit my excellent tube guy, he invariably has at least one bike from feked on his bench to make purpose fit pipes.....So in that respect they seem to be trying! Of course they also sell lots of cheap repro crap, like the 1" "Genuine Doherty" twist grip that I bought last Thursday and is now in the bin. So rough and notchy in use (even after some filing) that I wouldn't want to risk riding with a twist grip that's liable to jamb:scream: Ron

I bet their tea is made in India...:blush: ....Ian

Yes I have always found Feked quite reasonable, in fact it has just been announced that he has aquired Sammy Millers sales business,AND how do I access the site pics mentioned in the original posting please? kind regards

email (option): woolnough@mchenry.plus.com

Just highlight the original link. Right click and the left click on the 'Go To' Ron

For us in the modern world of touch screen devices, it's not very easy trying to highlight it all with your fingers on the screen. I wish people work learn to add [ u r l] & [ / u r l] at the beginning and end of the link. Without the spaces I've put in, just done that so it shows up on here without making a link.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

There's too many ways of communicating...Ian

With "FAKE IT" there is only one way. Anyway thanks to Paypal I got a full refund and as a bonus I also recieved the return postage.
:grinning:

Nieuwe pagina 1