Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pic 2

Picture test 2...Engines in the workshop...Ian

T120 taking shape..

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: pic 2

These are excellent quality photos linked to the forum. Which method did you use?

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Hi John..It's the Imgur service as recommended by Steve in his current post...I found it very easy to use...Ian

Well done Ian, nice pictures......Don't forget the bloody push rods this time:blush: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ian, good to see you sorted out the pictureposting, pictures of your work and workshop are often very intruding

Great looking bike and engines, Ian! Much to nice for me but I appreciate the work and cleanness. I used to be very structural but lost it somewhere in the rush of life.

Amazing you can get them in this condition without even a proper liftingtable and decent enginestands :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

['Amazing you can get them in this condition without even a proper lifting table and decent engine stands...']

The lifting bench is in the other workshop, but I use it for regular maintenance of the 'runners' so don't like to tie it up for months with rebuilds...As for engine stands I don't really like them except to display an engine...I put the front crankcase lugs into the vice using soft jaws to hold the engines while working on them...

A 5 year Toolmaking apprenticeship forced me into working in a clean and tidy way and I've never lost the habit!..:relaxed: ...Ian

Yes, I knew you had things right with all that experience!

I have seen drawings of engines clamped in vices on single lugs, but never had the guts (or strength) to do that myself. For me it feels like to much local force on the crankcase.

Can you really put serious force on the engine like fastening the cyl.base nuts when clamped like this? I would be afraid it came loose. Think I stick with my enginestands, also don't like to tie up my vice:smile:

But I would like to copy your clean and tidy workmanship though!!

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

You can just see it in this picture...I support the weight of the engine on a block of wood to reduce the clamping pressure required to hold it...It's always worked without any problems...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1