Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i just brought a wm20

Hello i just wondering if any one had some info on my bsa wm20 i got the frame number wm2059111 and the engine wm20 70712. thanks

email (option): justbell1@hotmail.com

Re: i just brought a wm20

Justin, if you look at frame numbers on the beginning of this web site, you can figure out when your bike was made.

Thanks michael, yea i worked it out to be 1942 i was wonder if there any records for the tank number and if it come straight to australia or if served else where.

Hi Justin,

Didn't you receive my email with some information about your BSA?

Your BSA left the factory 29-4-1942 and it went to the Ministry of Supply in London. When a motorcycle went to the War Office in London it usually stayed in the British army. When these motor cycle went to the Ministry of Supply they could end up anywhere in the world. Your BSA is build under contract C11101 - 31, for this contract they used tank number from C4662156 up to C4667155. Your BSA had tank number C4662854 when it left the factory.

Your BSA went to Australia when new and your BSA is mentioned in Australian registration number book 196. On arrival in Australia the factory C number would be painted over and your BSA received Australian registration number 38973.

With the email there is some factory information and a page with the Australian registration number. Also some war time BSA photos with motorcycles from the same contract.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thank you thank you very much Henk. I haven't receive the email yet, but thank you so much for that info ill have to send some pictures in when its finished.

Hi Justin,

I have send that email again, let me know if it arrived this time. Quite some nice factory and Australian copies of pages about your BSA and some period photos.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hello henk I just wondering if you could help me out again I just brought another wm20 and the frame number is wm2050529 it needs a full restoration. Iv worked out it must be a late 1941 and just wondering if you had the original tank numbers written down and the contract number for the brass plate and if it come straight to Australia like my other one did. Thanks again from Justin.

email (option): Justbell1@hotmail.com

My WM20 is from the same contract, also a chap in Australia called Brian Forth.

Mailed you a pic of Idris;)

Kit

Nieuwe pagina 1