Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Slight mishap in France

Whilst riding in Normandy last week and on a shopping visit to a super market, I managed to catch my left hand foot-peg on a high curb which bent the foot-peg into the chain case and also dented the clutch bowler hat. Fortunately the bike was still rideable and I completed well over 400 miles.

I just spent the weekend repairing the damage and whilst I was at it, I stripped the clutch for clean and inspection.

photo M20 473_zpspaqy3kru.jpg
 photo M20 475_zpsvdiy3hxg.jpg

I fitted 1 new friction ring and replaced the 3 steel driving plates as the outside tangs were a bit worn. Reassembly was a doddle with my home made spring compression tool made from an old Triumph piston and one of Robb Nortiers special clutch nut sockets.

photo M20 480_zpsqqpy6zls.jpg
 photo M20 481_zpsuushgped.jpg

I've run out of the paint I used when I restored my bike some years ago, but manged to blend the right colour from other tins of paint i have in stock. Hopefully when it's hardened off properly and with a spray of WD40 you won't see the join
 photo M20 483_zpsxp7yfb5y.jpg

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Slight mishap in France

Well done Ron, glad you've got that sorted, good as new again

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I just saw on Face book that a WWII Spitfire crashed in France, I thought that was going to be the subject. glad yours turned out good!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

You mean this Frank. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lq2oT9Bnzo

Ron

Annnnnd relax!! A test ride out in the Sun and park up by 'Coy Pond' A lot easier to fix than the Spitfire will be. Ron

photo M20 485_zpsex2fevkp.jpg

Hello Ron,

I'd love to see a sketch of how you made the clutch spring compressor tool. The photo doesn't show me how the base is attached (unless I'm missing something) and I'd like to make one for myself.

All my best wishes,

Allan Hunter

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1