Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tyre pump manufacturers.

Hello folks, I would, at some stage, like to fit a (working) tyre pump to my WM20. Does anybody know if BSA made and fitted their own, or badged those made by other companies. I tend to think that in a time of war the Small Heath factory might have used companies such as, Bluemel, Dunlop Apex. also would they always have had the foot stirrup ? Any advice gratefully received.Pete.

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Tyre pump manufacturers.

Hi, as to my knowlegde, all the pumps you mentioned were used. BSA also had their OWN tyre pumps with the crossed guns on the handle part. For motorcycles as well as bicycles. Very hard to find and sought after tyre pumps. Not to mention the price if you are able to find one.

Regards, Ramon n

email (option): Noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Hi I purchased a couple of new pumps recently from ebay UK seller broughs100 which fitted nicely to my 41 WM 20 and the other I sold to defray my expenses.They were unmarked and had the folding stirrup.
Cheers
John

email (option): jsaft1951@xtra.co.nz

I bought this THAPEX tyre pump at Founders Day autojumble about 15 years ago,it fits the 3HW chain guard,it has the stirrup fitted and WD arrow marked it may fit other makes that use the same length pumps.  photo DSC_0637_zpsglhd6orl.jpg  photo DSC_0636_zpsl9uoqqqz.jpg

photo DSC_0476_zpsergh8lxu.jpg I don't know if the THAPEX pump was fitted on the TRIUMPH by the factory,but its a nice fit on the chain guard so its only guess work.

Hi Steve, I bought a similar pump from Ron at Netley last year, but the arrow was such an odd shape I convinced myself it wasn't military and mine also had some damage to the handle so I passed it on the same price, but its interesting that you have another one the same, so maybe I was wrong?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I had a broad-arrow marked tire pump like that for my M20 back in about 1988-I got it from a big box of M20 tools that came with a lot of 6 m20s at "British Only"-all the tools still had Chilwell tags on them. I don't recall the brand of pump anymore, but it did have that big arrow in gold on it. Sadly, my bike backfired one day, set the gas on the carb on fire, and quickly spread to that tire pump under the gas tank-that black rubbery coating is highly flammable. I had been slapping at the fire with my gloves (as I sat on the bike!), but when I saw a jet of flame coming from the vent hole in the gas cap, I abandoned ship. At this moment a neighbor appeared with a fire extinguisher, and put it out. The paint on the tank was a bit scorched, but everything else was fine-except the tire pump-that coating had burned to a crisp in just a minute or so. I still have what's left of the pump, and I've never been able to find another arrow-marked one.

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1