Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlight Reflector Resilver Kits

Anyone out there who has tried one of the resilver kits?

I am putting LEDs on my bike (wish I hadn't flashed it to positive earth and now stuck with a positive earth DVR2 regulator) but need a good sharp reflector.

Maybe it is more economical to buy a new reflector.

Your views most welcome.

Regards

Pat

ps 6V stop/tail lights are cheap and easy to source and can be used positive or negative earth. Cheap 6v LED "Headlights" tend to be negative earth; hence my comment above.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Re: Headlight Reflector Resilver Kits

Patrick Meagher
Anyone out there who has tried one of the resilver kits?

I am putting LEDs on my bike (wish I hadn't flashed it to positive earth and now stuck with a positive earth DVR2 regulator) but need a good sharp reflector.

Maybe it is more economical to buy a new reflector.

Your views most welcome.

Regards

Pat

ps 6V stop/tail lights are cheap and easy to source and can be used positive or negative earth. Cheap 6v LED "Headlights" tend to be negative earth; hence my comment above.

Get it done. Silver plating is a lot cheaper than you might think.
Ask a trophy shop where they take the tinwear to get plated.

NOW LISTEN TO THIS VERY CAREFULLY !!!!!!!
Do not turn up to a silver plate factory on your bike near closing time.
The same factory will usually do Gold & platinum plating thus have a few £ worth of precious metals in the safe.
Apparently some inside get a bit tichy and may decide to call Mr Plod.
Me Plod may see the humour in it or they may decide as you made them leave their tea & toast behind in their nice warm police station, you are going to pay.

AS for LED headlamps, yet to find one which actually provides sufficient light to ride at any more than a walking place and no single one was strong enough to illuminate my own shadow from street lighting let alone the clot behind you with 2000W of High intensity haleogens.
Stop tails are all good and work well however the ones on a board work a lot better than the replacement bulb type.
Excellent for speedo lighting and particualr the orange ones.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thanks Trevor,

I will try the LED headlight bulb when it arrives.

At the moment I have fitted a 35/35w filament bulb.

Not sure what the dynamo is rated at, so hope that there is some left to charge the battery.

Regards

Pat

Pos & Neg LED bulbs are available from Dynamo regulator conversions Ltd they are based in the Lincolnshire area, I have Pos LEDs in my classic bikes, fantastic.

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Hi John

Thanks for this.

I have ordered a headlight and pilot light from them.

Regards

Pat

Nieuwe pagina 1