Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts heads up!

Anyone looking for parts? Especially in the U.S. This bloke seems to have taken a whole bike apart. The easiest thing is to 'visit his shop' and then search 'WM20'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361843616114?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Parts heads up!

Hi Ron.

Turns out it is one listed in Henk's frame/engine numbers

Hi Henri,

I didn't notice that yet. Not an original frame number as far as I can see.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk, Ron, and Henri:
I have seen this company part out whole motorcycles before on Ebay. It does provide an opportunity for some to get needed spares, but it is a shame to not restore the WM 20, since it looks like most of it was there by the various listings. For one past parting out listing of an old Harley, the company showed the before parting out picture of the motorcycle that would have been a reasonable restoration project in my opinion! So sad.
Doc

email (option): h2odoc@nmt.edu

Hey Henk.

12833. Frame number. I sent owner email but it was no longer deliverable. Decent bike once.

Some of the listed items were items sold previously but for some reason came back. I know that because I had bid on them but lost.

I wonder what it says on the contract plate on the rear mudguard tail section?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I was curious how much money he would make from an almost complete (no chain guard, no silencer, no rear carrier, no pillion seat, no forks, ...) bike in bits, so I added each item to my "Watch list". Now that all the auctions are finished I copied all the information in an excel list. There were 93 entries, 4 didn't sell (a cable, a bracket, clutch plates and a miscellaneous bolts set). The most expensive item was the rear frame (342 Euros), followed by the gearbox (317 Euros), the speedometer (304 Euros), the magneto (258 Euros) and the petrol tank (245 Euros). Some of the smaller bits only went for 5 Euros each. When I make the sum of all the parts that did sell, I have a total of 5554 Euros...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Dont forget will be less ebays fees and paypals (if used) fees probably close to 10 % all up

Seemed like the bike would have sold for more complete, given what I've seen of US prices for these bikes and what I paid USD for mine.

That said I did buy some of the parts.... Fairly cheap shipping to my US address.

email (option): paulscutler@gmail.com

If the forks weren't included that's another hefty chunk of money.

Altogether I would say he did really well to sell so many parts, I imagine the danger of breaking any vehicle is that the best bits sell easily and you could be stuck with quite a lot of less desirable bits and no opportunity to sell the rest as project.

Hopefully this event has helped quite a few people towards finishing their projects.

And what has been lost, a machine with no original frame number and therefore no wartime history probably built out of bits by the British Army in the early 1950s and stuck in a depot until disposal.

I see more positive here than negative.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Yep, I bet he helped many (helped me for sure). I'd rather see more complete bikes in the end than a bunch of junkers with aftermarket parts holding it together.

email (option): paulscutler@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1