Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to insert a photo to this forum

Ok gents (and I hope many ladies as well!),

Let's give you a brief description how to upload your photo to your forum message.
As I have a Flickr account I show how it works there so there might be some differences compared to other websites.

1. Register on a website where you can save your photos; www.photobucket.com www.imgur.com www.flickr.com etc.

2. Upload your photos.

3. Select 1 photo and choose the option to share it (I have a Flickr account and my photo must be able to be viewed by all)

4. When you want to share a photo, you can choose of several options. On Flickr, you have to choose for the 'Embed' option.

5. A line of text is shown marked as selected. Below that you can select the size.

6. Make sure the text is still selected blue (after adjusting the size) as shown below:

image002

7. Then press the Ctrl button and than quickly the C button (or use the right click on your mouse/touchpad and select 'copy')

8. Go back to your forum post, place the selector where you want to have the photo placed and press the Ctrl button and than quickly the V button (or use the right click on your mouse/touchpad and select 'paste'

IMG-20160514-WA0001
9. Voilà your photo has been posted.

I'm sure there are other ways that work as well. And please don't shoot me, but I'm so ecxited to see the photos of our fellow forum members that the disappointment is just too great after reading lines like 'If only I knew how to post pictures' etc

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Re: How to insert a photo to this forum

Great work my friend -
Also excellent pictures - as if you were in the ancient past time -
greetings

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

photo DSC09317_zpslwqy764e.jpg

fantastic, it work!!!
many thanks Sven very useful
Arnaud

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

It looks as if you've used the "resize" option with this picture Arnaud!

I have told you before, you're an artist!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

That'll be the Norton Small 4 then.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

many thanks Jan!!
and it run perfectly!! 24v 350 watts, 12 km/h top speed and lot of offroad capability, it run also with me, a tall guy with 80kg!! maybe the future of the motorcycle
an electric WD/CO 1/1 scale is also another project, just for fun 48v 2000 watts...
and yes Ian, it's a norton small four ,space saving!! or maybe just a little sign to my father's one here in pic at the same place...15 years ago, could be funny with a banner "don't wash a Norton it reduce it!!!"

photo CCI02102016_zpsv2yszzpv.jpg

but to come back on the original thread, now i understand very good the method to ad picture, many thanks

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

Gotta try this to se if it works...

ADS_8081

Great success!!!

Midnattssol?

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

m24 photo m241_zpsqqvyckks.jpg

I have just tried to upload a picture onto photobucket without success, should I be looking for a replacement such as "flickr"? or are there any other better alternatives?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

http://photobucket.com/learn/share

[/URL]

Hmmmm. For some reason I can't post a pic to the forum from Photobucket.
If I copy and paste the URL IMG it only posts the link.
Any idea why? Or is Photobucket just having a bad day.

Just a test

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

Photobucket is no longer doing 3rd party hosting unless you buy the most expensive subscription ( $ 400 / pa ).
So now the best it will do is a link back to their web site so hey get advertising $$$$ for having more traffic on their web servers.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

What is the recommended method of inserting images into the Forum now? Is it a matter of using a image host other than Flickr or Photobucket? I ask because I was planning on providing an update, with images, on the research I've done on the history of my bike in the coming weeks.

I've noticed that a lot of the photos on posts are now gone and have been replaced by placeholders - this is a real shame, as being able to search a topic and look back at previous photos was a real boon. Is there any way to retrieve them?

On a separate, but related topic, I'm making a donation to the site this morning. It takes effort to create and maintain a website such as this Forum and we should all support those who perform these thankless tasks. This is without doubt the most interesting and well structured Forum I've ever been involved with - let's help to keep it going!

email (option): robert.g.elliott@gmail.com

have a look at this thread.
http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1387495&cmd=show

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron
Just followed your instructions and managed first time thanks for advice.
Cheers Barry

email (option): deadhorsesdontgetbackup@hotmail.co.uk

Searching through the older threads I see a lot of kitty pics that should have been Beezers. I guess that has something to do with Photobucket no longer doing third party hosting
Is there a way around this? This forum is such a huge archive of valuable information but without the photo's I feel I'm missing a lot...

Could I ask for people to repost their photo's in older posts through another platform or is that asking to much? Or is it just plain impossible?

Jaap

email (option): jaap@sppi.nl

The AOMCC (Ariel Owners Motorcycle Club) forum is set up so that pictues and documents can be posted from a file search on any member's computer. No third party required.

email (option): Iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Jaap Leutscher
Searching through the older threads I see a lot of kitty pics that should have been Beezers. I guess that has something to do with Photobucket no longer doing third party hosting
Is there a way around this? This forum is such a huge archive of valuable information but without the photo's I feel I'm missing a lot...

Could I ask for people to repost their photo's in older posts through another platform or is that asking to much? Or is it just plain impossible?

Jaap
You could put a request as a reply to an older thread, that would bring it to the top of the forum, if the pictures were mine and I still have them I will repost them, hopefully other forum members will too, perhaps then Henk could remove the dead posts.

Rob

Photobucket has an annoying watermark on their images now, this site is pretty good at the moment.

Rob

https://imgbb.com/

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

That's the site that I've been using since Photobucket went tits up a couple of years ago. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi All, it's been a while since i was on here, but as the Normandy 75th anniversary trip is about to happen & i can't make it this time, i thought some pics from the 65th might go down well. Here's a link to my Google collection, 73's de Rod

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AekEcTuc2QSY5Rf18

email (option): Rwalsh53@gmail.com

Hi Rod,

I've replied to your message in the other topic

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1