The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C number information

C number
I’m new to the BSA M20 world.
I found what I believe to be 1940 M20 in a barn. The owner said if you can get it out you can have it. This bike was a parts bike for his 1939 M20 in original immaculate condition. He would not part with his 1939, but offered me this fairly complete project. But we have a saying in the UBBC beware of the free bike. The tires on this bike have military markings of 1934 and missing the handle bars.
This is my first BSA project and I may not be able to put it back to original condition. However close enough to fool the untrained eye is what I going for.
I would like to put the “C” numbers back on the bike and would appreciate any other information anyone could supply. Also I would like to post some pictures of the bike and the progress of the rebuild But cannot figure out how to Up load to this sight. Frame Number is odd 250W24156 the 250 may have added from the state for reregistration purpose. motor number is WM2042622

Thanks for your help
JB
Jshdsimon@q.com

email (option): jshdsimon@q.com

Re: C number information

Engine seems to be around 1942.
If you look at the list. (http://www.wdbsa.nl/frame%20numbers.htm)

Not sure what the frame is?
Maybe someone will know what it means.

Paul Crisp

Free!! bite his arm off. What do you mean beware a free bike. What could you lose?

JB, Posting photos on here involves the use of a separate host such as Photobucket (and you need to use the HTML code, not img.)

It would certainly be useful to see a couple of photos, including of the numbers to be certain of what we're dealing with.

Whereabouts are you by the way ? I assume that UBBC doesn't indicate 'University of Bristol Boat Club' or 'Upper Beeding Baptist Church' as I can't think why they would have a view on old motorcycles...

If it's easier, feel free to mail the photos and I'll happily post them for you.

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

The UBBC stands for Utah British Bike Club dedicated to the restoration and preservation of old British bikes.
So hear goes the attempt to post a photo of the bike and serial number.

photo 20150322_111652_zps4wkccrra.jpg

photo IMG_20160731_155547706_zpsfd78yp8m.jpg

This is the motor cycle I was trying to collect. A running all original 1939 (I think) M20 BSA.

photo DSCN2927_zpsjlg8daex.jpg

Nieuwe pagina 1