Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shepton VMCC Autojumble

Planning to go tomorrow to this good event.........any of the usual suspects going ? If so, looking forward to catching up there........

Re: Shepton VMCC Autojumble

I will be there in the hall nearest the entrance, look for a stall with some sidecar bodies on it.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I'll see you there Rob...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Me too. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Missed you Ron !!! But saw Ian, Rob and other old friends, including Chris Orchard, Eric, Richard Rosenthal from The Classic Mototorcycle, etc.............

Weather kind today, and a really big and well attended event..............didn't buy much myself, mainly original paperwork (books and manuals) plus some original fuel taps and spark plugs..........

I did notice that there was a fair bit of WD Norton stuff scattered around, Enfield and Ariel too, with one seller in particular having a fair bit including gearbox parts, fork links, damper springs, friction discs, etc............he's located only a few miles from me so I will be visiting in the next week or so for some specific parts..........

A great day for catching up with people.

Thank you Ron for the two more large favours to add to the list.

I came away with a nice selection of stuff including a mint first edition of Steve and Chris book and a rare opportunity to get it signed by both authors but alas I didn't manage to find Chris again after an initial meeting so only Steve obliged, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new edition.

Rob

photo 667_zpssxsdmxbq.jpg

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I thought that there was a lot of empty plots.

You do manage to find some stuff Rob.....I'm a hopeless jumbler....The only thing I bought was a tin of gun wash thinners. I didn't catch up with Chris, Steve or Ian. But very pleased to hear about the new edition of the book. My 1st edition is on permanent loan and my revised edition is starting to fall apart. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Rob, it was a real pleasure to see you today and sign the book.........sorry you had to go on account of your sales rep calling....Lol.....! You always make some good finds mate, but then you're are a pretty observant and patient chap..........

Ian, a pleasure as always........

Ron, sorry to have missed you and in my opinion you are an expert in hunting down the rare stuff so not hopeless at all............ You have found some very rare parts for me in the past..

WD stuff on the ground is getting far thinner as time passes, but still the odd item pops up...............known all the above for years (it is a privilege and a pleasure) and proud to call my friends..........but as we all get older, crustier and perhaps wiser our vintage WD parts supply dwindles even further down the line.....sadly....

When I first got my Ariel W/NG years ago, built in 1942, she was about 48 years old or thereabouts........she is now, currently, 74 years old.........time marches on regardless...............

Hi

It was good to catch-up with friends and fellow enthusiasts. I agree, genuine military items are getting thin on the ground. I saw a couple of items including a rather decapitated WM20 for sale which required a restoration and some! I bought some minor unexciting bits, unlike Netley which cost me a wee packet...

Cheers to all.

Andy T

email (option): a.tizzard@btopenworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1