Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TRW SIDE STAND

Hi All
Perhaps foolishly I have just spent more pocket money on a 1957 Triumph TRW,adding to my G3L and WM20. Well it seems better than a deposit account!!(that's what I said to my wife anyway)
I'm working through some of its little issues one of which is the side stand. If used the bike almost touches the ground with the foot rest. I'm assuming its a problem with the pivot or the stand itself but before I talk to a welder I'd like to know how far it should lean over.
P.S.Is it O.K. to talk about post war military bike on this forum?
Regards from Oxfordshire
John

Re: TRW SIDE STAND

Here's a picture of my '51 TRW on its side stand...Not the best angle but you can see it doesn't lean over all that far...Ian

photo DSC00690.jpg

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

photo DSC00698.jpg

Here's another...I should think the first thing to check is that the correct stand is fitted...Ian

If you need one Burton Bike Bits have NOS side stands for £57.60 inc. VAT...Ian

Ian
Thanks very much for the photo's. It looks to me that I seem to have the correct stand leg but due to wear/misuse it is being allowed much too far forward.
Over the next couple of days I'll take it apart and see if I can find out where the wear is before buying a new leg especially if its the clevis part that is worn.
Thanks again
John

P.S. Wish my TRW looked as nice as yours

Nieuwe pagina 1