Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 Gearbox Advice Needed!

I have just gotten my 1944 M20 back on the road and all is well with the exception of the gearbox. It shifts fine into first but seems to wander past 2nd and into a false neutral,a continued push hits 3rd or 4th gear. When you shift back up 2nd seems to be there. Can someone advise if this sounds like an adjustment issue or a worn/needs replaced parts issue? I have never been in an M20 box but I guess since I have 2, now is as good of a time as any. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.
Cheers, Jim
Tennessee

Re: M20 Gearbox Advice Needed!

Have a look at the Technical Section of the website; there are some items there that might help you!

Thanks Hans, I have read the tech note on adjustment. I will give it a shot and see if the planets line up! Thanks again for the advice.

Thanks, Jim

How long have you got this bike, Jim ?
I think I have about the same problems, but found out its very much a matter off "getting used to", dealing with false neutrals.

I just got it in the road last night, I have had several Others of the period that were not this bad. I will ride it a bit to see but I think there is an adjustment problem.

Nieuwe pagina 1