Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
POST WAR SALES.

Bought these two large repro photos today,they are 17"x12"the seller said they were taken at Bordon camp,they show mainly M20 with a few Triumphs and civilian models.  photo DSC_0573_zps7aaa396a.jpg  photo DSC_0572_zpsa59a1fed.jpg

Re: POST WAR SALES.

These photos are all over the net, though not in large format. I doubt that the seller has the copyright, which seems to be the modern business model with wartime photos....

Not sure where I got mine but the cost nothing, probably the same source as yours. I think the real source is a motorcycling magazine of the period.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

They are quite well known pictures which we have discussed here before but they are interesting in that they prove some early specification machines made it to the end of the war without modification to later spec.

Presumably this sale was organised by the Ministry of Supply and all the machines with number plates were from other government run departments such as the Civil Defence, NFS, Police ect.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I always thought that these were photos of Ian Wright checking his back yard stock?

I wish.. ...I think it's more like the 'before' part of a 'before and after' shot of Rons... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

RON, IS THAT RIGHT WHAT IAN SAYS, IF SO, COULD I PLEASE HAVE THE ONE AT THE BACK IN THE MIDDLE ?

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

Sorry Pete, it's not possible, because of the 'Domino' effect! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I thought this was Rons " just in case I need it" spares pile ?

Nieuwe pagina 1