Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James ML 4-Position WD Light-Switch

Guys, seeking the very scarce variant of the standard WD 4-position light-switch..............

If reading the face, it reads "Off, T, H, L" instead of the standard WD "Off, T, L, H"...............

Closer examination reveals that these switches are not interchangeable.........apart from the face, the main difference appears to be the central alloy rotor that is significantly different from all other WD/Civvy items, keeping to switch arms and contacts at specific angles depending on the switch position...............

The odd switch was specified for the wartime James ML only.............and used in conjunction with a resistor assembly............neither switches, WD or the ML type, will work correctly if fitted to different makes using the WD wiring diagram for the particular bike in question..........it's all down to the contacts and that central rotor.................

BTW, if anyone has the James-specific only switch that they want to swap for a standard WD type then contact me ! Also note that the ML switch is NOT "Lucas" marked.......

photo 20160904_152532_zpskikyaf2j.jpg.....James ML WD lightswitch..........note the reversed "H" and "L" switch positions.......

photo 20160904_152507_zpsdqg9b5mn.jpg

....top image is the strange WD-ML only Lucas switch alloy rotor, standard below.........

Re: James ML 4-Position WD Light-Switch

Hello Steve

I may have a complete assembly with reflector and mounting screws. Contact me by e-mail and I can send some old pictures. I received the headlight with some Norton spare I brought with a WD16H sometime ago.

Regards,

Mac

email (option): nortonwd16h@virginmedia.com

Re: James ML 4-Position WD Light-Switch

Reply sent Mac !!!!

Nieuwe pagina 1