Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New restoration - James ML

I've had for some years now a large collection of James ML parts but never gave them much attention.............but having recently stripped the engine down of my remarkably complete and original ML, frame ML 3401, and got her running beautifully, I decided to look again at my pile of spares..........

Needless to say, I had over 50% of another ML so, made the decision to build up another........

The frame carries the earliest and lowest ML number I have seen to date..........the first contract started at "ML 2" and this frame is "ML 27" so likely from the first day or so of WD production in March 1943.................

Aside from the engine already being restored and built up, the remainder of the bike so far was a pile of parts barely two weeks ago now.............at the present time, all parts blast-cleaned, primed and finished in SCC No.2 Brown..............and assembled............

It does help enormously however, to have a complete ML to refer to.....!

I still need wheels to complete this WD motorcycle...........of course, I can always borrow the wheels from the other, but still seeking wheels or parts of to complete this old girl...........

photo 20160904_152339_zpsifvak5dq.jpg

photo 20160904_113816_zpsdqinjjv3.jpg

Re: New restoration - James ML

Looking great Steve.

I'm starting my own ML project, and I'm also looking for a set of wheels.I've never heard anyone finding a pair not fitted to a frame tough..

Might considder buying a 2nd frame just for the wheels if nothing turns up eventually.

regards,
Bjorn

Re: New restoration - James ML

Hi I am in the same situation, however I did get lucky at Beaulieu this weekend and found a wheel that seems correct measurement wise and it certainly looks James like. Would someone who has a original be able to put up a picture of the centre of the hub(as in the outer shaft) looking through the spokes so I can see if it is the same as I don't have one to reference or a part number to do the same
Thanks Grahame

Nieuwe pagina 1