Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Searching...

I've been asked by a friend to try and find a military machine for him..

It must be WW2 and in order of preference...M20, WNG, WDCO, G3L...

Any candidate must have been fully rebuilt in the reasonably recent past to, for want of a better description, 'ex factory' spec...

Paint, plating, the mechanical aspects and overall spec. must be good to very good for the year/model.....

Preferably bills or a photographic record of the rebuild will be available to verify the quoted spec...

The bike should have been thoroughly overhauled TO BE USED and would preferably be run in, settled down, ready to go and available for a full inspection.....

In short, a top quality bike for which the appropriate money is available...

If anyone has such a machine for disposal, is building one to these standards for later disposal or who knows of such a machine please contact me off forum...

We will travel any reasonable distance from the West Country to view a bike but a series of photos will be needed in the first instance if travelling is involved...Ian ...(Got anything good for sale Ron?)

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Searching...

Ian Wright
(Got anything good for sale Ron?)

Sorry Ian, nothing here for sale at the moment. I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Understandably though you drive a hard wish list Not many guys who've taken the trouble to prepare a bike properly will want to part with it

My friend Tony has a G3L which I think he'll sell. I recently re-sprayed it Service Brown for him but I'd hesitate to confirm that it meets anywhere near your criteria. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ian, Peter Brown is wanting to sell his superb early panel tank G3WO. It is a very recent restoration and a lovely machine. Due to its rarity he is asking £8,500 for it. To put this into context we spent about £800 just on the engine. JT

As they say, there are three factors when trying to find a classic vehicle.......being "right", being immediately available and being affordable. You can get any two out of these three! Maybe more realistic to settle for a nicely running bike to tidy up or a fresh restoration to commission?

Nieuwe pagina 1