Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic ..Bedford MW contract V4564

Hi All...a bit off topic but can anyone tell me the details of contract V4564 for Bedford Mws. I am after date of contract number of vehicles, Z numbers, chassis numbers and engine numbers ranges and any other info relating to this. Many thanks.

Re: Off topic ..Bedford MW contract V4564

Someone might know who runs a register Andy. But the British Vehicle section on HMVF might be a better place to ask. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron done that as well ,just trying to cover all the bases, I was told someone who uses this site had info but cannot remember the name.Its my age you know !!

According to the Chilwell List, this contract V4564 was a contract for 5000 Bedfords (Truck 15cwt 4x2 GS), census numbers Z4760260 until Z47655259. Catalogue reference number is 71.

The Receipt Cards for the soft skins are kept at the Tank Museum in Bovington. These Receipt Cards may give some more information on the delivery dates. Parts Lists (you're looking for the one with Reference Number 71) may give some more information on the chassis numbers. The Ministry of Supply Ledgers (National Archives, Kew) may give some more information on the demand date, contract date, specification details etc.

Hope this helps...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Everything helps.Thanks Jan

Nieuwe pagina 1