Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton 16H ? girder fork identification

I have just bought a large stash of british bike parts amongst which are a set of girder fork blades which I think are Norton 16H ? they are stamped 75788 on lower casting which carries main spring. Anyone help ID these? From what I have found out they are 1934 onward type, they also have a bump stop fitted to rear leg & the brake plate stop is on the left (sitting on bike )... thanks Dave

Re: Norton 16H ? girder fork identification

Hi Dave,

The number is different for each bike it was fitted to! best post some pictures! or email me them, last two "XX" on email address replace with "ke"

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net (think about this!)

The Norton Club have a database from the factory records. If they are Norton forks then it should be possible to find out what they were originally fitted to. However, pre-1939 non-International or Trials models should all be the same as WD16H.

Will get some photos posted, at first I thought they were Ariel as most stuff is pre war Ariel parts but they have tapered tubes.. Dave

Lex here is a couple of photos of forks, main tapered tubes look good with miminal pitting, looks like there is a old repair to one of the drop outs.Also noticed the mudguard mount is broken on lower casting but should be a easy repair.Will give these a blast over to check them further.. Dave

Definitely a Norton pair of forks, they look 16H alike!

Hi Dave, would you want to sell these forks? If so, can you pm me?
Thanks, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1