The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOS Lucas MU42 on eBay
Re: NOS Lucas MU42 on eBay

Than this one is even cheaper...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCAS-COMPLETE-HEADLAMP-NOS-BSA-NORTON-TRIUMPH-AJS-ORIGINAL-OEM-DU42-MU42-6-1-2-/201615455769?hash=item2ef137b619:g:i94AAOSwU9xUUbQ5&vxp=mtr

It's more useful for the bikes we discuss here and it's been offered on Ebay for ages now

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Wow, why are they so much money?

email (option): paulscutler@gmail.com

Paul C
Wow, why are they so much money?

I expect if you had five wives with children a herd of goats and a string of camels to feed......You'd wan't a thousand quid for your headlamp Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Sadly a £1000 headlamp only adds £100 to the price of a WD bike.(if you're lucky).. ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

This is the problem, Ian.
You are correct, and that is why so many are being parted by heartless b#%*&%#s...
By parting it it worth like a Rolls ...

one word....ok, four words.... These prices are insane...!

email (option): maartenengels@hotmail.com

The prices are only insane if someone actually pays them ! I am sure no one on here is insane enough to pay those prices !!!

For about the price of the headlamp I got a forged, nikasil plated alloy 750 barrel for my '70 Bonnie that was machined all over and then polished..

Also head and base gaskets, alloy machined pushrod tubes, tube seals, a set of stainless steel head and base fasteners and a pair of forged pistons (complete) matched to the barrel...

If nothing else it's a lot nicer to look at... ...

The more expensive headlamp has been on ebay for some time and not sold...Perhaps a case of 'You can't buck the market'..?....Ian

The cheaper one is the better one, flat glass and a CZ27. The other one you would have to find the correct glass, ammeter and holding clip in order for it to pass for wartime.

The shell and rim of the MU42 are also different to a DU42... ..

Post war the MU42 was supplied as a replacement part for the DU42, so if a bike was presented in post war specification it would not be incorrect in that case...Ian

Something must have started off this level of pricing for an NOS DU42 - As a rule of thumb, useable second-hand parts are around half the price of new...Did someone advertise a complete used lamp at around £500 ?

If it were an NOS 8" DU142, I could understand a premium price. I can't remember when I last saw one but the 6 1/2" lights have been around, including quite a quantity in the ex-Greece container some years ago. The smaller lamp can't really be used on many pre-war bikes so we can't blame this aspect of high pricing on the exotic models.

Realistically, what sort of pricing might we see on the individual components if NOS or perfect condition ?

Shell - £80
Rim - £40
Reflector - £60
Switch - £80
Ammeter - £100
Clips & Fittings - £25
Glass (original - £40)

I can see a dealer price of £450 or so on a complete unit...still far too expensive to anyone who can shop around but perhaps tempting to someone who hasn't got access to jumbles or a cheque-book restorer.

Not Hussein Rik

Thanks for the correction Henri. I've edited the name off. Maybe you can alter yours too...It wasn't my intention to name names incorrectly !

I got one on ebay with the right ammeter in A1condition for fifty pounds about a year ago .Don't leave your bike unattended I would say

I got one on ebay with the right ammeter in A1condition for fifty pounds about a year ago .Don't leave your bike unattended I would say

Nieuwe pagina 1