Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need a part number for seat bolts.

Sorry, silly question, I've searched catalogs, order forms, etc high and low and can't figure out what I'd use for replacements for these missing bolts that hold my seat on.

Anyone know and can help me out? I'd rather get the right British bolts than just put on some American standard bolts from my local hardware store...

Bolts, Nuts and Locking Washer parts numbers, please.

email (option): paulscutler@gmail.com

Re: Need a part number for seat bolts.

I would think more than likely they were 1/4" rivets. Otherwise use 1/4" BSCyc bolts and nuts. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, that would explain why I can't find a part number for those bolts! The other side bracket has two bolts/nuts with stop washers painted with the same slop the rest of the bike is so I assumed that was correct.

Who knows what the army chaps did to keep this thing together back when?

I think this could be the universal mid to late war saddle so bolts would be more useful making it fit on different makes and models.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I'm learning that everyone calls them a Lycett saddle but mine has a "Mansfield Made in England" plate on the back of it. I've been considering removing that plate and putting it on my new repro saddle cover but I don't want to molest the original seat.

I've seen the same style seat used in tanks, self propelled guns and other military and armored vehicles of the time. I'm guessing they are the exact same thing.

The tank seats seem to have different frames but the covers may have been interchangeable, there is a previous thread on the subject here.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1278897&cmd=show

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Saddles were made by Lycett, Brookes, Mansfield, Wrights, Terry, Dunlop and possibly others. The frame in your photo looks like a Terry. Some, but not all covers are interchangeable. And yes, they were riveted.

email (option): pvlietstra at gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1