Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
history on wheels museum

theres a museum up the road from me in eton wick, windsor in berkshire, uk. called history on wheels. i dont know if any of you local chaps have been there, id say go there and take a look, its a small place but theres lots to see, everything WW2 british and german, cars, bikes, push bikes, commercials, german cars and bikes, lots of uniforms on display. ive added a few picures.

photo history on wheels 049.jpg

photo history on wheels 048.jpg

photo history on wheels 044.jpg
 photo history on wheels 043.jpg

photo history on wheels 040.jpg
 photo history on wheels 039.jpg

photo history on wheels 045.jpg

photo history on wheels 051.jpg

photo history on wheels 050.jpg

photo history on wheels 046.jpg

thanks, barry

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

Re: history on wheels museum

That's the late Tony Oliver the film props guys place. He used to open one Sunday a month. A real genuine nice guy who once gave me a lift back to Windsor bridge in his Rolls Royce. I didn't know his collection was still together. I guess his sons have taken over. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

There is some rare stuff there. Could I have a ride in the Morris-Commercial please ?

I'll have to put that collection on the list to visit

Nice to see a French uniform...The French army is pretty much ignored but it was the largest army at the start of the war I believe...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

hi yes ron, i was chatting to the son, he said some pieces were sold of some time ago for VAT reasons. for you chaps who like the memorabilia items, clothing, medals ect ect theres plenty. that morris is nice and theres a crossley half track type thing, some nice german mercedes staff cars. built up anderson shelter and cinema, small renault tank.

barry

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

Yes tony got into the French stuff after some film work. He did have a passion for old French taxis too. He used to have a very large collection of WD motorcycles (Brit-German-US) But most were sold off at auction to pay a massif tax bill. I bought 15 cwt of carrier spares off him, one mate bought a Dodge ambulance and another forum member bought his Kettenkrad.

If you've ever seen the film "Digby the biggest dog in the World" His WD Austin 8 staff car was in it and suitably over spayed purple for the film He also supplied lots of modern day police cars for TV shows.

About 25 years ago I was in Windsor and phoned him to see if I could visit by taxi, to take pictures inside his 8cwt PU wireless truck. He let me into the museum alone after first helping me push the PU out. Then brought me tea and cake, Then gave me a lift back to Windsor......A real gent! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1