Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late Model WD Ariel WNG

I am restoring a very late model Ariel WNG which has the light switch fixed under the saddle. I am not exactly sure where and how the plate holding the switch is held on and would be grateful if someone could tell me and better still perhaps post a photo of it. Cheers JT

Re: Late Model WD Ariel WNG

John if you go to the technical page (electrical equipment) there's a picture of the simple bracket on an M20 (click to expand). Or if you search out Wade Edwards, he's doing the same thing on a late W/NG. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, that is the bracket I have but on a WNG I have got no idea where it fixes. I assume right side of the bike but somewhere around the saddle but cannot see anywhere where it has been fixed in the past. Any further help much appreciated. JT

above the oil tank, i think theres a thin bracket bolted to where the frames bolt and one end is twisted and bolts to the seat mount, the bracket might be roughly 1/2" wide.

take no notice of the above, looking around there just seems to be a bracket bolted to the seat (spring) bolt, above the tool box, has slight twist as it comes from the bolt, the other end may be flush with the switch pannel

barry

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

I bought this switch for a 1945 3HW,but the bracket could be the same as for a WNG,it fits under the offside saddle spring on a 3HW,but don't know where it mounts on a WNG.  photo DSC_0518_zpsd4e<a href= photo DSC_0519_zps2d435064.jpgf885a.jpg"/>

Here you go, John.

photo Late Ariwl WD switch.jpg

I am still missing the correct switch. Would like to wheel or deal for the correct TEST switch
Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Thank you to everyone who has replied. Cheers John

Nieuwe pagina 1