Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless speedo drive

Hi all,

While reassembling the rear wheel of my G3L, I noticed the speedo drive has a lot of play. Am i missing a spacer or is it badly worn? Previous owner seems to have made a bracket to keep it in place. any ideas?

https://picasaweb.google.com/100803113419119628822/6280145791289870353?authkey=Gv1sRgCMC-gNvA09if3QE#6292703337016451874

Thanks,

Niek

email (option): niek.baeckeATtelenet.be

Re: Matchless speedo drive

There ARE spacers! Best thing to do is check with the illustrated parts list. For example, there is 41-G3L-H26-S, the "Spacer, rear solid spindle ( for speedometer gear box)". But the drive should not have any significant lateral play on it and it should not need a bracket!

thanks Ferg, will check the parts list.

Niek,

The speedo drive shouldn't have any play, the housing of the speedo drive is clamped between the inner and outer spacer when the wheel spindle is tightened.

photo 102_2038_zpsfekuw4oi.jpg

FYI: will post your pillion seat tomorrow, didn't make it today.

Regards,
Peter

There is also a small spacer that goes inside the speedo box to stop the box being crushed when the wheel spindles are tightened up. Cheers John

And forgot to mention: the outer spacer (1) is not a seperate spacer but part of the wheel spindle.

photo Manual 1_zpsz7wukpt1.png

photo Manual 2_zpshw2pqsyo.png

Regards,
Peter

Thanks all, problem is now solved.

Thanks Peter, i'll let you know when it arrives.

Nieuwe pagina 1