Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic B31

Hi sorry to be off topic, just a quick question. Our B31 is almost fully rebuilt now. However, I want to replace the wiring harness and just wanted to check if anyone has any advice. Is it a relatively easy job? I want to stay standard 6v. I am a bit concerned about getting the light switch connections right as the bike has always had a switch that works incorrectly (where off is actually on) and want to correct this at the same time. Thanks, Michael

email (option): brownmjh@gmail.com

Re: Off topic B31

Just DIY....
In any case, install an extra black earth wire from front to rear, to bypass bearings, paint etc...
DAMHIK....

Make sure you have an original Lucas marked headlamp switch...The Indian repro switches were made for the early Indian Enfields and the switch operating cam is different...This leads to incorrect switch operation as you describe if standard BSA wiring connections are used...

The Indian switches are not Lucas marked...The cam in these can be reprofiled by hand using a file to replicate the Lucas cam and they will then function correctly...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Brilliant, thanks guys!

Hans is the earth wire to prevent you having to earth things to the frame? Could you please explain more about what you mean and what connects to it?

And Ian - do you know if there is any chance of finding an original lucus switch? I have called a couple of suppliers and the only ones I can find are not labelled Lucus...

Also is it a good idea for me to put in some kind of main fuse? I'm not sure if replacement loom will have one or not...

Thanks so much!

email (option): brownmjh@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1