WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Picture.

Is this one of the very rare 3 cylinder OHV/SV BSA photoshop models? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Forum Picture.

They wanted to see if they could build a machine with a dynamo as inaccessible as a G3 !

['They wanted to see if they could build a machine with a dynamo as inaccessible as a G3 !'...']

Impossible, even with photoshop... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

That engine is actually standing right in front of the M20 engine on an engine stand, all I did was removing the engine stand to create this effect.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

you fooled me...

email (option): maartenengels@hotmail.com

All I see is a beautiful BSA with two cylinders! Granted I'm drinking a pint of tasty gullibility!

Thanks and cheers,
Scott

Is it a 500 or a 750 ?
And how can you tell the difference from a picture ?

It definitely looks like a 750 to me.

http://home.planet.nl/~leonhop3/1936_y13.jpg

Ron

I had a complete Y13 750 given to me years back in the mid 70's when they weren't worth a lot and I didn't really appreciate that sort of thing anyway...

I got it running (just) and swapped it for a Royal Enfield Interceptor engine...I was running a R.E. Constellation myself at the time..

Seemed like a good deal back then.. ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Don't know if you can spot the difference from a picture, maybe from the diameter of the cylinders.

What I do know is that the 500 had the rods side by side with a-symmetric conrods to bring the cylinders back in line. The 750 had a plain and forked conrod like V-twins should have..

Very nice engine!!

Would have been difficult to run this combination since the engine is reversed and would turn in the wrong direction even if you could get the gearbox turned around 180 degrees. Normally the magneto is in front. This is the timing side showing against the drive side of the M20.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Exactly so Leon. That is why I posted a link to a picture from a Dutch guys site. Ron

This engine would make a nice start for your next project, Ron.

I din't think I need another such project Mike.......But never say never I suppose

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1