Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It beats decorating!

Happily I finished off a decorating job today so I was able to get out for a ride in the spring sunshine...

For a local ride it's hard to beat Dartmoor which is only 15 minutes from me...

A couple of hours riding around, a pasty and an ice cream (with clotted cream on top!) and all memories of paint brushes were soon forgotten.. ...

photo DSC00698.jpg...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: It beats decorating!

had a quick ride round there myself yesterday, we should meet up for a ride out, sure Shane would join us,

email (option): colin.harmes@outlook.com

Dartmoor, huh.

I rode over that moor many years ago, one sunday in february 1970 something, well wrapped up in layers of clobber including my well loved tank suit over all,, I had made the mistake of too many tea stops and was really busting for a pee.
I turned off into the only bit of forestry I saw for miles along a deserted road.
unzipped several zips, groped around for the cold shrunken item required, hauled it out and with a sigh of relief watered the tree in front of me at length, only to see a long line of young girl horse riders wending their way toward me......

There is a WD Connection as I was on my way to St Austell to collect a rear wheel for my G3L.
I'm still puzzled as to why I never got it sent in the post.
London -St Austell and back in a day in February is no joke.

ken
....hauled it out and with a sigh of relief watered the tree in front of me at length, only to see a long line of young girl horse riders wending their way toward me......

Ken, didn't you write a full article at the time for 'Fantasy' Magazine or is my memory playing tricks ?

No fantasy involved standing there with wet boots and a dozen giggling horsewomen and me pretending not to see them

:)

Martyn

email (option): Gwyndwr@icloud.com

Dartmoore, mein gott im himmel!

I still have vivid memories of the first time I read The Hound of Baskervilles at age 12, seemed to be a scary place at the time. Looks better now in your picture Ian, but then again at the age of 12 I never thought much along the lines of motorcycling. Although I know there are 12 year olds who do thought never crossed my mind. Sailing was my first transportational love, bikes came later.

Anyway, looks like a swell ride no doubt, almost on par with decorating!

/s

'Grimpen Mire' which was a fictional location in the Baskervilles book was based on the river Swincombe valley, where there is a similar mire that is said to have sucked in people, horses and even vehicles over the years....

That is about 2-3 miles from the location of the photo above...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1