Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Annual Dutch 'Waterlinie-ride'

Today, some of our forum members/readers/posters rode the Dutch 'Waterlinie-ride'
The last few weeks the weather was like a southern European summer; hot, dry and sunny, but today proved that we're not in the south of Europe.....
Rain, hail, sun and a freezing north western wind....we've experienced it all!

Here some pictures of the also rare occasion that the Nortons outnumbered the Beeza's..

IMG-20160514-WA0001

20160514_114934

20160514_114921

IMG-20160514-WA0005

On the way, we've seen many ww2 bunkers, had a lunch with delicious Dutch pancakes and we also visited a ww2 fort. A great day with great people and well organised. Perhaps next year more forum members attend?

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Re: Annual Dutch 'Waterlinie-ride'

Sven

Perhaps next year more forum members attend?

Regards,
Sven

Well, Sven...if you publicised it. I'm stuck in a village with the 'Patton Drivers'...and if I still had a Remington 870 then there would be a few less Harleys and jeeps with syreens in the world...

I have just half an inclination to put on best battledress and ride up in the morning to show them how it should be done...but I don't think I'll ever fit in.

Hi Rik,

I mentioned this event in the 'moto tourism in The Netherlands' topic a few posts down, but thanks for your reply. I will write a post on the forum when the date for next year is confirmed.

Sirens annoy me a lot and unfortunately we've heard them today as well but the really good times we've had as 'motorcycle outlaw gang' made this up big time!!

As I'm so happy with my recently obtained smock I put it on today, but I really regret not taking my modern full protection helmet, souple modern gloves and my full leather suit as protection against the elements today was 74 years outdated!!

Regards,

Sven

How many kms did you ride today, Sven ?

I bought some kevlar long-johns at Stafford so I feel quite well dressed now !

There was a chilly wind in Belgium today but I cut the grass in t-shirt and shorts so I think we missed the worst of it.

Rik

I bought some kevlar long-johns at Stafford so I feel quite well dressed now !

Wow. Bullet proof pants, that's impressive.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Great work Sven - really
I wish I could Bring with you like this trip
Pictures show that the trip was beautiful and clean and well organized -
Greetings to everyone
Hussein

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Hi Rik,

I rode app 120 miles.
I'm seriously considering buying new gloves as my originals are a bit too stiff and hurt my hands when I operate the throttle grip. Perhaps new souple replicas will do.
I also need new goggles with new straps as the old originals I have don't stay in place. The problem is though that it needs to look well, and even more important, my steel helmet must not push the goggles on my nose. Just some sunglasses don't work because with the strong wind and sandstorms I've had tears in my eyes all day and they were thick and red in the evening.
Any suggestions are welcome...

Regards, Sven

Nieuwe pagina 1