Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear wheel offset

The wheel should be in line with the centerline of the frame. But are any figures available when lacing the wheel? The Green Book does not help; I'm looking for the distance of the rim to the left or right side of the hub!

Re: Rear wheel offset

Hans it's in the green book, page 32 near the bottom (C) where it quotes from the hub where the brake drum bolts to rim = 5/8" or 1 1/4" on the other side. Another way that was pointed out to me is:- From the bolting face for brake drum to centre of wheel rim is about 44mm. But as you say, " the rim needs to be in the centre of the frame".

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, I think I need other glasses.

What is the Green Book?

Martyn

email (option): Gwyndwr@icloud.com

It's the BSA M20 standards book that some of us have. It's post war but nothing much has changed. It gives all sorts of specifications and maximum ware limits etc.

Ron

Hi Hans
Check the technical section on the website - wheel building - very useful pdfs at the top show the dimensions and the hub cross sections.
Cheers All
Doug W

http://www.wdbsa.nl/Wheel%20building.htm

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Morning Ron

Is it possible to get a copy?

Regards

Martyn
Gwyndwr@iccoud.com

email (option): Gwyndwr@icloud.com

Martyn, another forum member was able to use his facilities at work to scan and copy his original for some of us. I don't think he's in a position to do it nowadays?

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1