Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fork link replacement / parts help

Hello Everyone, hope you are all well.

I have a fair bit of play in the top fork links so need to take the front off and will replace the head stock bearings, could someone please tell me where I get the parts from and the process please.

Have some local Chaps near me who could do it but want to find out if I could have a crack at doing it to save some £.

Thanks...

email (option): Kit247@hotmail.com

Re: Fork link replacement / parts help

Kit you should be able to buy new links and bushes from Russell Motors. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Here they are as well http://www.petersclassicbikeparts.nl/contents/en-us/d258.html
Watch out for the stearing damper star spring from Draganfly as they have been crap. But I think they know and have fixed that now.

Dave Plumb on this forum makes restorations of fork links, I sent mine to him. He also offered to send readymade parts for me to do the restoration myself but I was short of time and wanted the bike done in time for summer. This was three or four years ago and the bike is still not on the road.

I have replaced pins quite a few times and made new bushes on my lathe. The old bushes can be easily removed by tapping M16 thread in them and knok them out from the other end.It's not really to difficult but you do need some tools.The pins are usually just as worn as the bush.

From a few moment in the proces I have some photos.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk Joore
I have replaced pins quite a few times and made new bushes on my lathe. .... The pins are usually just as worn as the bush.

Bushes can also be bought from several places, for instance Draganfly, if you don't have access to a lathe. But always better to make your own of course.

Hi kit

I did mine - even with my limited engineering facilities

I got the bushes from Russell motors, got the tap & reamer required & made up a tool to pull the bush through

It's a good bit of work t get through but made a huge difference to the bike

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Radco (remember him?) recommended reaming the existing bushes and making oversized pins to suit. The new pins are machined with a small shoulder and pressed or brazed into the links. I have done this with success.

email (option): pvlietstra at gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1