Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum photo

I do like the forum photo, it looks like a couple of buddies having a laugh but seeing the Leyland militants, I am guessing that this was taken in Cyprus, possibly 1959, heavy transport unit, could be 65 coy R.A.S.C. they all came back to the u.k. early 60s to Ashford Kent where I joined the unit. I would dearly love a copy of the photo Henk, I may be able to identify the unit and possibly the joy riders.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Re: Forum photo

I was in 65 squadron royal corp of transport in Cyprus the mid to late sixties they still had M20s but the were sand coloured and treated like gods locked in a wire cage and only taken out to do maintenance and servicing they wouldn't even let anybody ride them I had a load of photos of them and other stuff but one of my MFO boxes disappeared (military forward organisation) all you stuff was put into crates a black patch was painted on the box and your next unit/ home address was painted on it in white

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: Forum photo

photo bsa_zps12h8t1oc.jpg

Some information from the keycards.

92YD16 had frame or perhaps engine number 48303.

Not sure if the other machine starts 23 or 28?

23YE19 frame or engine number 54094
28YE19 frame or engine number 93281

All 3 were sold off by BAOR so I suspect this picture was taken in Germany rather than Cyprus.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1