Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M21 now on the road

Maybe some of you will remember my M21 dog eared non running barn find that i bought a couple of years back. Well i have now finished it, its non standard looking so i'll not put a pick on here, i know some will slag it off as they did when i proposed what i was going to do with it in the beginning, i can do with out that crap.

The reason for the post is i would just like to thank those that helped with info and supplied quality components for the build, i do like my engines to be right.

Its my first flat head and i'm loving it, its completely different from most of my other bikes, the closest to it is my 59 AJS 350.

I was really interested with the tuning info on here and loved looking at what some of you clever folks had achieved, i thought maybe i would go along that route, but as advised i kept it mostly standard internally untill i had ridden it and then decide what route to go at a later date, well at the moment it stays as it is, its a real fun bike to ride.

I've even invested in the Sump Mags M20/21 T Shirt that i'll now wear with pride ;>).

Cheers
Chill

Re: M21 now on the road

SIDE-VALVES NEVER DIE - THEY JUST GET FASTER
(seen on a tee shirt in when the yanks came over to Santa Pod Nov5 1970)

Congratulation!
Always a great feeling to ride something after having spent many hours getting it together.

I for one would love to see some pictures of it! I don't think that all bikes must look exactly like they did when they left the factory. Just post the pics and let who ever finds it their task in life to put others preferences down have a go at it. We'll ignore them together.

/s

Good man Chilly...Personally I rather liked the style of your M21...I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the completed article so mail it to me direct if you don't want to put it on here...

Actually though, there are some that would like it and you must just ignore the rest.. ...

I've had side valves on and off for 45 years and I'm still trying to tie down exactly what the attraction is...
I've had many, many British bikes, both 'bread and butter' and 'exotic' but I always say my M20 will be the last one I have...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Chill

I'd like to see photos of your bike, I have an M21.

If you'd like to send photos directly to me Gwyndwr@icloud.com

Thanks

Martyn

email (option): Gwyndwr@icloud.com

p.s. I have an M21 as well! Will be on the road in the summer, maybe.

p.p.s. Also I should perhaps note that I of course have no trouble with people having opinions of all sorts, just that the "must do original restoration"-regime sometimes makes me a tad bit tired.

Up with the pics now!

Nieuwe pagina 1