Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3HW foot pegs

Can anyone advise how the riders foot pegs are fitted on a 3HW, is a threaded bar used and if so anyone got the dimensions?
Thanks
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Re: 3HW foot pegs

A threaded rod is used 1/2"x11&7/8"the thread is BSF with reduced half nuts,the nearside is held in position by two dowels which fit into the chaincase spacer,the offside fits onto a tapered tube which slides over the rod.

I've a couple of the space's if you need them - one goes inside the primary chaincase to stop it being crushed, the other between back of chain-case and engine plate.

On the RH side its and spacer with a taper on the end which the footest locks onto.

I should point out that only the ends of the rod have a thread,and the offside tapered tube also locates onto two dowels on the engine plate,also there's a spacer fitted between the two rear engine plates its just a bit of tube with two 1/2" washers welded inside it stops the engine plates from being pushed in when you tighten the footrests.

BSF threads? Are you sure Steve? Both my Triumphs have 20TPI BSCycl threads. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks all, I will check what's left in the ever reducing parts box.

Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

there is a guy on eBay remaking a loot of the bolt kits look him up they are good quality
Regards Carl
Sorry I can't remember there trading name at the moment

email (option): Carl.chezz@cwgsy.net

Nieuwe pagina 1